Saturday 26 February 2011

Attack on the Cybermen - Intro

I have a weirdly wired brain.  You’ll notice that a lot.  One of the many things I really don’t like (along with chavs, a lot of politicians and reality TV) is not understanding something.  Actually, looking back over the list of things I don’t like then there’s definitely a theme of not understanding in there.  Except dentists.  I hate dentists and understand them perfectly.  They’re sadists who get paid for a living.

I’m waffling, get used to it.

Anyway, something that’s always baffled me is the popularity of the cybermen.  Everyone always gets really excited when they return and everyone constantly raves about them and people always seem to hold them in high regard as monsters.  Yet the thought of them coming back time and time again really isn’t one that gets me going.  I really don’t like this and so I’m going to try and change it.  To do this I’m going to force myself to watch all the cyberman stories (in order) and yes, I’ll be doing recons or soundtracks of the missing ones.  I won’t try and do it as though it’s the first time I’ve seen them, I’ll let my mind wander forward as and when it needs to or wants to, though I don’t pretend that when it wanders forward it’ll do so accurately.  I won’t be referring to the audios or the novels just yet, but I will probably end up looking at the new series episodes.  Even though that would mean watching them again, which is something I’m looking forward to less than sitting through The Wheel in Space.  

So, that’s the plan.  And if you know me, you’ll know what I’m like with plans. 

That gulp of horror you just heard was me realising what the first story I’d have to watch was…

No comments:

Post a Comment